Are you typing the same list into Excel over and over? And over? If you have between 2 and 240 items in a list that you use time and again, you can teach Excel that list so that it can recall it for you.
To teach Excel your list:
- Type the list in a column within Excel.
- Select the list.
- Using the menus, navigate to File => Options => Advanced => Edit Custom Lists (on a Mac, navigate to Excel => Preferences and double-click Custom Lists).
- Select 'Import'.
To use your fancy new list:
- Type any item from the list into a cell.
- Grab the fill handle and drag. Excel will fill from your list. When it reaches the last item in the list, Excel will start over with the first item.
- Enjoy not having to type out all the items in all those lists ever again!
Leave us a comment and let readers know what Excel tips you use on a daily basis.