Do you know which Bennett/Porter Consultant wanted to be a teacher when they grew up? Can you guess who would sing what song when dominating on Karaoke night?
When you work with Bennett/Porter & Associates, you know you are working with the same team of technicians and consultants every time. In many cases, the consultant you talk with for support is one of the consultants who helped implement your software or hardware in the first place, maybe 10 or 15 or even 20 years ago.
Our team of consultants knows you and your company - In our ‘Meet the Posse’ series, you’ll learn a little more about our team members and put faces to names. Read on for a chance to get to know us.
- Name: Lisa Beach
- Title: ERP Consultant
- Team: ERP Consulting Services
- Specialties: BizInsight, Excel, Sage (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Bank Rec, Visual Integrator), Fixed Assets.
- Time with B/P: 8.5 Years
- A typical day in the life at Bennett/Porter: Talking to clients, installing software, troubleshooting issues and playing with dogs.
- What is the oddest question you've ever been asked on a support case? I tried to walk someone through how to take a screen shot of their error message and told them to press the alt and Print Screen key. They told me that they didn’t have an alt key, but they had an A.L.T. key.
- What was your most rewarding support case? Creating BizInsight Financial Statements using Account Definitions to combine 58 companies into regions, then roll-up by entity type and a final roll-up to consolidate all companies.
- How did you get your start in this line of work? I worked as a controller for a company that was acquired and my ERP reseller offered me a job as a consultant
- What is your preferred caffeine delivery method? I don’t handle caffeine well – At my job where I was a controller one of my co-workers wrote sticky notes and put them on everyone’s desk that stated – “This is a warning through the emergency stick note system – Lisa has been drinking Dr. Pepper. This is only a warning.” Shows that I don’t handle my caffeine well and not long after I completely gave it up.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Someplace warm and tropical
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher
- What household chore do you dislike more than any other? Dusting
- What hobbies do you have outside of the office? My Dogs – Old Lady Sadie (15 ½ year old GSP) and Hank (8 year old English Setter – he dances and is my shadow) Hank was the cutest puppy in the world! I also enjoy going to our cabin in Tumalo.