Do you know which Bennett/Porter Consultant wanted to be a teacher when they grew up? Can you guess who would sing what song when dominating on Karaoke night?
When you work with Bennett/Porter & Associates, you know you are working with the same team of technicians and consultants every time. In many cases, the consultant you talk with for support is one of the consultants who helped implement your software or hardware in the first place, maybe 10 or 15 or even 20 years ago.
Our team of consultants knows you and your company - In our ‘Meet the Posse’ series, you’ll learn a little more about our team members and put faces to names. Read on for a chance to get to know us.
- Name: Marty Fraser
- Title: ERP Consultant
- Team: ERP Consulting Services
- Specialties: Core Accounting & Financials including Payroll, TimeCard, Job Cost, Task Scheduler, Custom Office and Crystal Reporting.
- Time with B/P: 12 Years
- A typical day in the life at Bennett/Porter: Back to back calls is my favorite. I like to stay busy and productive. Love solving the puzzle, that’s the best
- What was your most rewarding support case? There have been many but the ones that stick out are the ones where someone is so upset and once we solve the problem, they are so grateful. Pulling them off the edge of the cliff and calming them down is the best. Also when the lightbulb goes on and they get it, is very rewarding.
- How did you get your start in this line of work? Math major in college with minor in Systems Engineering where I learned to program. One of 2 women in the math department. Worked for the developers of Sage 100 back in the day. I began as a programmer, then support, installer, sales and managed a number of branches in Orange County & LA, Director of Systems and Vendor Contact reporting to the VP Sales when MAI was big, 3000 employees world-wide. What a ride!
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Have a bucket list: Australia, New Zealand, Costa Rica, island call Giglio off the Italian Coast
- What is your favorite season here in the Northwest? Summer because it’s warm but Fall is so pretty and reminds me of growing up back East. Did you know that most of the fall colors in the NW come from the East Coast? Only the Grape Vine is native to the NW.
- What makes you laugh? Honest mistakes where we can laugh at ourselves
- What song would you sing at Karaoke? Something by Carol King or Barbara Streisand
- If you were a superhero, what would your super power be? Patience & Compassion for others