You may have recently received a phone call from a Sage Software representative – or you will probably receive one in the very near future. They are calling regarding moving from your current Sage Business Care Plan to a Sage 100cloud Subscription. The urgency around this latest push has to do with a price hike coming as of April 1, 2019, and we want you to have all the information you need before that deadline arrives.
Basically, if you stay on your Perpetual license beyond this date, you will be subject to yearly price increases on your annual maintenance, to the tune of at least 15% - 20% each year.
If you move to the Sage 100cloud version by March 29, 2019, you will undoubtedly save money immediately…and your annual increases will be far less.
Sage appears to be very serious about the date of this cut-off. It may be in your best interest to consider making this move now.
Watch our Webinar Replay
There are a few reasons why it may make sense for you to move to a Sage 100cloud Subscription, such as:
- The annual cost of a Sage 100cloud Subscription may be lower than the price of your current Sage 100 Business Care Plan.
- The price of a Sage 100cloud Subscription will increase more slowly over time than will the annual price of a Sage 100 Business Care Plan.
- The Sage 100cloud Subscription comes with bundled modules that you may not have and may benefit from.
- You can upgrade your software platform to SQL (Premium level) and pay the same annual subscription price as you would for Standard or Advanced versions of Sage 100cloud.
- Sage 100cloud will receive some new features with each version upgrade that will not be available in Sage 100.
It is important to note, however, that – despite the name – Sage 100cloud is not a true cloud-based product. The “cloud” name comes from the fact that Sage 100cloud integrates with some of the cloud-based products that Sage sells. In addition, Sage will continue to develop add-on tools/enhancements that are only available for Sage 100cloud subscribers.
We understand that this is a great deal of information, and we are here to help you understand your options before making any decisions. However, time is limited, and we don’t want you to end up on a path you can’t turn around on. The best way to find out what you need to know is by joining one of our four upcoming webinars to learn more. Please also feel free to call Jeff or Elisa at 503-620-3484, and we will walk you through it all.