Since the release of Sage 100 version 2018 last October, Bennett/Porter has allowed time for Sage to release the first Product Update – as well as time to familiarize ourselves with the new version – before upgrading clients to 2018. We are pleased to announce that we are ready to begin scheduling for upgrading Sage 100 to 2018.
Version 2018 brings some significant changes to Sage 100 – the biggest ones being the redesign of the Payroll and Job Cost modules. Other new features of version 2018 include:
- Crystal Reports version 2016 as the reporting engine
- User access to run Visual Integrator jobs for Sage 100 modules can be set in Role Maintenance
If you've already moved over to Sage 100cloud (or you're thinking about doing so), here are a few additional new features:
- Spell check functionality for comments, memos, and messages that print on forms
- 'Inactive' and 'Restricted' Warehouse Status options
- *Ability to reprint Sales Order invoices from History
- *Office 365 integration* allowing you to view Sage 100 contact information from Microsoft Outlook or Skype, including balance due, credit status, address, organization details, invoice/payment history, communications, and notes
Version 2015 to be Retired This Year
If you’re on version 2015 of Sage 100, this would be a good year to upgrade, as Sage will retire version 2015 as of September 30. Once retired, Sage will no longer provide support, product updates, or product fixes for version 2015. Bennett/Porter will continue to support version 2015. However, our billing rate for support of retired versions is higher (by $25/hour) than it is for supported Sage 100 versions.
If you are interested in upgrading your Sage 100 installation to 2018 or have any questions about the upgrade process, please contact us.
*features available with Product Update 2, to be released by the end of March